McCarthy Catholic College Work Experience Guidelines - 2021
The information below is to ensure that both legal and school requirements are in place for the protection of all stakeholders ie student, parents, host employer, school, CECNSW.
Work experience is available to students primarily in the following situations:
- students seeking apprenticeships where work experience will help them focus on career options and assist their chances of successfully making the transition from school to employment
- students seeking to do university study in areas such as health and vet science where work experience enhances their prospects in gaining entry to these university courses
- students who are at least 14 years old
- The school would prefer students to do work experience in their school holidays where possible or during term time except when school work, assessment tasks, major events and examinations take priority Work experience always has to be a time that suits all stakeholders.
- The preferred period of work experience with one employer is for up to one week.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS and
WHAT DOCUMENTATION IS INVOLVED and
WHERE DO I GET AN APPLICATION FORM: Find out all the answers to these questions here: Application process
Mrs. Susan Barrett, Careers Adviser. 67610800 email@example.com